Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snowpocalyps

 The girls and I are spending our third snow day (out of the last 4 school days) together cooped up in the house.  Lilly is bored and wants to be out in the snow, I am craving some adult time, and Lucy is refusing to nap nicely.  What next!? Oh yeah, it's substate basketball week and John is scheduled to ref every day this week.
Luckily, it looks like the storms are over and tomorrow we will return to the routine we haven't seen much of lately.  Last week, when we got the first foot or so of snow, John made a point of being home to get Lilly out to play.  She loved it and had to be drug in after an hour and a half each day! She refers to herself as Hello Lilly when she is all geared up in her hat and snowsuit!
She is so very proud of her first snowman! He is a bit scary if you ask me! His scarf actually has dog heads on the ends of each tail.  Creepy, and yes, it was a Christmas gift to me several years ago, and no, I have never worn it!
Over the weekend we went with John to the Kansas City Western Farm Show at Kemper. Lilly loved climbing on the tractors with Uncle Grant and getting to play in the snow with him and Jack at his house. I am so glad Lilly has such big tough men around to play in the snow with her; as I am quite happy to stay inside with Lucy where it is warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment