Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Never a Dull Moment

 Between work, dance, daycare, reffing, and traveling, there never seems to be a quiet or slow paced moment around the Stous House.  John was reffing who-knows-where last week and I was working on dinner.  The girls like to sit at the back door and watch the cats on the back porch.  Lilly told me that we had a new pet but it wasn't a cat.  I asked if it was a dog. Nope.  Was it a bird? Nope.  Was it super ugly with a long tail? Yep.  I think I knew all along what it was but am so totally disgusted by opossums that I didn't want to say it! Bleghhhhh, didn't bother her in the least though.  
Bedtimes have become a bit of a challenge when John is gone.  Two kids and story time are just not my thing. There are nights I seriously want to pull my hair out.  I have given up the fight and let Lilly fall asleep where ever she wants.  It is so much easier to move her once she falls asleep. 
 Lilly and I took the healthy and homemade route for her valentines this year.  
 And to tope off an already busy week, baby Lucy got sick.  She came home from daycare just fine on Wednesday.  Apparently had been somewhat sleepy during the day, but fine overall.  She ate a nice supper, ate her bottle, and went on her way.  About 10 minutes later she fell asleep on the floor in the playroom. Lilly was known for doing this, but never Lucy.  
I let her sleep for 30 minutes or so and she woke up crying.  John knew she felt hot, but who would have guessed she would wake up with a 103.5 temp!  Turned out to be nothing more than a 24 hour bug and we made it to Kansas City by the weekend for Savi, Avery, and Adam's birthday parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment