Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vail Part 1

 Before returning to work, my side of the family (minus Grant) took a week long trip to Vail, Colorado.  We had two condos for the 7 adults and 4 kids and it was one of the best vacations I have had in a long time!  I was a little worried about the 10 hour car ride, but it was no big deal for either one of my kids! Lucy slept a lot on the way out and Lilly watched lots of Dora and Mickey on the IPad, and believe it or not, I stayed awake most of the drive!  
The first day we hung out at the condo and were pretty much lazy the entire day.  We watched the majority of the Olympic coverage in the evening, and I actually went running chased after Hanna for some exercise.  
Day 2 took us to Vail Village for the Farmer's Market.  This was no small town farmer's market.  There were probably 50 or 60 vendors with everything from fresh produce to high dollar paintings and art pieces.  The booths lined the street where all of the condos and restaurants are at. Lilly and Avery loved watching the "jumping water" fountains.
Had to pose for a pic with Auntie Hanna.  
Each of the big kids got to pick one activity to do.  Avery chose to take a train ride and Lilly chose the bounce house.  

John and Nana Bobbi took a little break.
Next we went to Pirate Ship Park.  Lilly was so excited because Jake and the Neverland Pirates is one of her favorite cartoons! She pretended to drive the ship.
 And walk the gang plank (is that what you call it?)
There was also a river/stream/creek that went all the way through Vail.  We played in it every day I think. 

Bet you didn't know Albert Einstein was in Vail.   
 The big kids also had some kind of activity most nights with Nana Bobbi.  I think this was when they made and decorate sugar cookies in the shape of pigs.  


I uploaded 158 pics from vacation.  This is going to take me many many posts to share everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment