Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Vail....

 Am I up to day 4 or 5?  Who knows.  Anyway, John, Lilly and I biked the Vail pass.  It was one of the first things John found to do and was pretty adamant we were doing it.  Too bad he didn't feel the same way when we got done.  We took a shuttle to the top of Vail Pass.  Lilly was super excited to ride the bus and wear the bike helmet..
I think she is doing her best "not impressed" face.
She got her very own little seat and we I packed so much stuff since it was supposed to rain, that she had to ride with my backpack as well.   I don't think John was real happy I added even more weight to the trailer he pulled.  Oh well, buck up husband, this was your idea!


 These next two were the only pictures I took along the way.  
Pretty cute huh!
The ride was mostly downhill, but I will admit there were a few times I had to get off and push the bike up the hill.  18 miles in all, and I wasn't too sore the next day.  
Baby Lu did lots of this while we were on vacation.  Clearly my dad did too!

 I had some school stuff to do one day so mom and John took Lilly to play in the creek.  Luckily she didn't fall in again!
 We had dinner in Vail Village the last night.  

 What vacation is complete without one last family picture.  Too bad Lilly never looks at the camera.


 When we left Vail is was 45 degrees.  By the time we got back home it was 105.  Gotta love the Kansas heat.  We got home on a Friday night and come Monday morning I was back to work, exhausted!  It was definitely worth it, to spend an entire week with cousins, aunts, uncles (minus 1) and grandparents.   Hopefully in a couple years we will be able to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment