Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Special Visitors


Since Hanna was in town for the weekend I thought it would be a good time to try out some new recipes.  I have been in a big slump lately when it comes to preparing actual meals, so this was a nice change, and John was busy most of the weekend so I had free range to make whatever I wanted (ie chicken or meat free dishes)! 
I had pinned several recipes I wanted to try, including this Four Cheese White Pizza.  I made a few small changes, like substituting Feta for Goat Cheese.  I love the white pizza at CocoBolos in Manhattan and was hoping for a similar flavor.  Mine turned out nothing like theirs, but it was delicious!  Next time I will be adding chicken for sure and maybe some black beans.  We will also be using the recipe for homemade pizza crust that goes with this recipe from now on.  It was so much better than store bought dough!

We also made this Oriental Chicken Salad (pretty good) and good old basic banana bread (Lilly's favorite).  I sure hope Hanna doesn't think I cook like this all of the time!
Hanna brought Jack with her and Lilly has been asking to play with him ever since they left.   This picture is pretty old, but it is one of my favorites!  This kid loves this dog!  
Don't tell my husband but I am thinking about getting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment