Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oops

Tonight could have been a major disaster.  I was heading out the front door to get the mail, and for some reason Lilly pushed the door shut behind me, and for some reason, it locked!  Crap!  I knew she would be fine because  I had just turned Mickey Mouse on for her.  Then I realized I had just started my bath water!  Double crap!  
I checked every door.  No luck.  I tried to break a window.  Still no luck.  I broke down and called 911.  I yelled for Lilly and told her to turn the bath water off, which she successfully did, and waited for the police to come. 
After about 20 minutes, they got me in without even breaking anything! Lilly looked a little surprised to see a policeman come through the window.  She was a big girl, showed him the back door, and in I came.  I honestly don't think she was scared, or even knew anything was wrong!  I am so thankful I had shoes on and had my phone on me.  I think I would have been a lot more stressed had I had to leave the house and go to the neighbors to call!

No comments:

Post a Comment