Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Review

I wish I could say everything about our holiday weekend ran smoothly and glitch free.  Unfortunately that is far from the truth.  
For starters, I had to work through Thursday, and our first family celebration was Friday in Kansas City.  Hanna had to work the nights of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so we didn't have a whole lot of options.  Anyway, we all got together at Abby's Friday evening and Saturday morning.
 The kids were spoiled with giant brick blocks from Nana Bobbi. 

Notice how excited John looks.  I am pretty sure he was sneaking a peak at the K-State score on my new IPad which he conveniently hid under the couch.  
 Avery wasn't totally into opening presents.
 Lilly made sure she played with her new toys, as well as Avery's
 Cheesing it up after breakfast Saturday morning.
 After a full morning in KC, we headed back to Holton for the Christmas Eve church service and onto the Stous house for more celebrating.  This is where things got ugly.  As soon as we got there, I wasn't feeling so hot.  At first I thought I was just really hungry, but that was definitely not the case.  I really don't remember much of the night, except trying not to get sick.  I only lasted till about 8:30 before I lost that battle.  Everyone else appeared to enjoy themselves!
 I was up most the night and slept all day Christmas Day.  This was the only picture I got of Lilly opening presents.  I really hope she enjoyed going to church with Grandma Karen and then back to the Stous' with her daddy for Christmas lunch.  It makes me sad that I missed the entire Christmas Day with her, but there was no getting out of bed for me.
 Lilly and I were supposed to go on to Great Bend Christmas evening to see my mom's family and my dad's sister, who were only in town for the day.  Luckily we were able to go on Monday, but unfortunately no one was still in town.  Lilly got to open the present Aunt Karen left for her, and has played with it nonstop ever since. 
I talked to John several times on Monday, and sure enough, he got sick while Lilly and I were gone.  The only good thing about the stomach bug we had was that it was short lived.  We were both only sick for a little over 24 hours, but long enough to make us pretty miserable.  I know the meaning of Christmas is not how many parties you go to and how many people you see, but it sure makes it a whole lot more enjoyable when you can get out and do those things.  I sure hope we don't have another holiday like this one anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment