Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What a Weekend!

This weekend was a total blur. We left for Manhattan at 11 on Saturday morning.  John and I had our annual Rec reunion followed by the KSU vs Texas AM football game at 2:30.   It was great to see some old friends, even a few we didn't plan on seeing! The game went well, for a while.  The it happened.  4 overtimes.  KSU finally pulled out a win, 4.5 hours later.  By the end of the game it was cold and Lilly was asleep.  She woke up as we walked out of the stadium in mass chaos.  She looked around and said, "Daddy, we won!  What a super day!"  Where does she get this stuff?
 We went out to dinner and didn't even get home until 9.  Poor little Lilly had next to no sleep.  She was up at 7:30 rarin' to go, slept 15 minutes in the car on the way to the game, maybe 30 minutes at the game, and 30 minutes on the way home. 
 Somehow Sunday morning she was up at 6:30.  I was not impressed, especially since my dead-to-the -world husband never even knew she was awake.  I showed her it was still dark outside, daddy was asleep, and did something I never, and I mean never, do.  I tossed her in our bed and told her to go back to sleep.  She got the hint and we both got another hour of sleep. Not my ideal start to the day.  Now here it is Tuesday night, about 8:15, and I am 100% ready for bed.  Goodnight world, see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment