Monday, January 14, 2013

Yummy in the Tummy

Just like I did with Lilly, I am making all of Lucy's baby foods.  The thought of all the junk that goes into purees and the cost per serving just really gets me.  I made 46 servings of pears for about $5.00 (about $.11 per serving).  The same for the store bought kind would cost anywhere from $23 ($.50 per serving) for Gerber to $46 ($1.00) for the organic stuff.  Craziness! 
I just bake (if needed), puree, dump into ice trays, and freeze.  They pop out in 1 ounce servings and go back into the freezer until we need them.  So far we have done sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears  (pictured above), and some amazing looking spinach.  Seriously, when mixed with breast milk and pureed, the spinach is a really pretty color!

No comments:

Post a Comment