Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Lilly!

Today was the big day.  Little Lilly is two.  It was kinda a mix of emotions for me.  When I got up this morning I immediately thought about where I was two years ago today.  I went to volleyball practice and kept looking at the clock.  11:12 rolled around and for some reason there was a new sense of calm.  Lilly is two, a big girl, no longer a baby.  I almost teared up.  She and I had a great day full of playing and an extra long nap.  Sure Lilly, we can get out playdough (which I hate) it's your birthday.  Sure we can get out bubbles (dislike, but not as much as playdough) it's you birthday.  Whatever you what kiddo!  Today is your day.  I sure hope she doesn't expect the same things to happen tomorrow.
John's family came over after dinner to help celebrate.


Here is Lilly modeling her birthday outfit, yep I made it!

 Gotta pose with mom!
Cousin Rae helping sing Happy Birthday.  She wanted to blow out the candles so badly.
 Digging in with lots of help from Raeghan.  Check out how excited Uncle Darin looks in the background.
 Lots of tissue in big bags!
 Opening Lalaloopsy
 Check out that tongue.  Man she is concentrating hard!
 Cake time. 
All in all it was a great day, which will occur again this weekend with my family.  Same cake, same outfit new presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment