Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In Memory of...

Coley Boley
My dear kitty left us one year ago today. He was such a great cat. John got him for me as a birthday gift during my first year of Grad school. I was living alone for the first time and needed a buddy. He was far from perfect, but a great companion. He was always there when I got home from school. He bit, he scratched, he hissed when he was mad. He didn't like strangers but warmed up eventually. He peed random places when he got really mad. He threw up countless times in my car when when made trips to Great Bend.
However, he cuddled and purred in the best way. He slept in my bed every night, often times right next to my head on my pillow. He would sit outside the shower in the mornings and wait for the door to open so he could lick the water off the floor. He drank out of the kitchen sink faucet. He hated my mother-in-law. He even left a bruise on her when he bit her ass. It would have been really funny if I didn't already have a matching bruise. He had a way of just making you feel better. Coley I wish you were still with us, Lilly would love you as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny-
    This brings tears to my eyes and makes me think of our little Sammie..... but, it also makes me laugh because he sounds just like Baxter!!!

    ReplyDelete