Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Disaster Averted!

Today could have been an absolute nightmare! Lilly's first birthday is Monday and we are having her party on Sunday. I may be going overboard but I want it to be perfect. I was shopping online the other day and found the perfect dress for her party. It was so cute, pink, brown, and white patchwork. And it was on sale. I decided I would coordinate her party around this dress. Pink and brown decorations, a pink and brown cake, you get the idea. My order came in the mail today and as I was going through the clothes I notice THERE IS NO DRESS! Immediate panic mode! I find the receipt and notice in very little print next to the dress listing, " Item no longer available!" Continue panic mode!
This is where I might have gotten a little crazy. I actually called the store in Topeka to see if they had the item in the store. I told the lady that I may sound a little crazy, but my daughter's first birthday was at stake. She said that I was not crazy and that she coordinates all her kids outfits with their birthday party decorations. See mom, I am not crazy!
Anyway, they didn't have the dress. More panic. She did however insure me that she had an even cuter dress in the right size that just went on sale today! She even agreed to hold it until tomorrow morning when I can get to Topeka to pick it up! Yay! No more panic mode! Think I should send the lady a thank you note?

1 comment:

  1. Lily is ONE- no way! Gosh, they get big so fast!
    I love the naked pics in a previous post - so free and just CUTE!
    Enjoy your precious girls' first birthday!
    I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete